Material Testing for Surgical Instruments
With no published test methods, manufacturers are left to their own devices to validate surgical instruments. At the same time, regulatory bodies have been requiring more testing to ensure instruments can withstand both the abuse experienced during surgery, as well as the harsh conditions under which instruments are cleaned and sterilized.
JTL America offers a wide variety of services to help validate your surgical instruments including:
- Cyclic cleaning and sterilization testing
- Repetitive impact testing up to 7000lbf for devices such as broach handles, cup impactors, and bone tamps
- Cutting efficiency and life cycle testing for drills, reamers, and other cutting instruments
- Cyclic torsional testing for torque transmitting devices such as screw drivers, flex shafts and torque limiters
- Contact us to discuss your requirements.