JTL America, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) uses the policy listed below for protection of personal information.1) Personal information is appropriately collected, used, and provided based on consideration for the Company’s business activities and scale.
2) The Company implements measures to prevent and correct unauthorized access to personal information, as well as loss, destruction, modification, leakage, etc. of personal information.
3) The Company complies with laws, regulations, and other guidelines related to personal information.
4) The Company strives to realize periodic and continual improvement of systems for managing personal information.
“Personal information” refers to information such as address, name, telephone number, email address, etc. which was provided to the Company by customers, and which can be used to identify the customer or is unique to the customer. Collection of personal information
In principle, when our Company collects personal information via the internet, that information is provided (registered) based on the intent of the customer.
Collection of customer information is only performed to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes which have been clearly communicated to the customer.Purposes for using personal information
In principle, personal information is only used for the purpose listed below. Note that the Company may also use personal information as statistical data which cannot be used to identify individuals.
- For providing products and services required by the customer
- For improving services to customers
- For announcing new products and services to customers
The Company does not disclose personal information provided (registered) by customers to any third parties, except for the cases listed below.
- When permission has been obtained from the customer.
- When providing personal information to an external vendor which has conducted an agreement with the Company in regards to personal information, and only within the scope required to achieve the purpose of use.
- When disclosure is required by court order, law, etc.
- When disclosure will not result in identification of the individual.
In some cases, the Company may engage in joint use of personal information among group companies (Japan Testing Laboratories, Inc) of the Company, with the purpose of providing comprehensive services via said group companies. Other items
Although the Company strives to protect personal information, we do not guarantee security during the transmission of information. Customers who send information do so at their own responsibility.