Metallography determines the physical structure and proximate composition of metals. It is carried out under microscopic observation to ensure a degree of accuracy in recognizing whether a product is fit for its application or in examining the reason for its failure.
Specimens are prepped through expert etching, polishing, grinding, and mounting, among other methods. In every stage of the evaluation process, your business needs expertise and key technologies.
Metallography services meet all specialized testing needs: from full analysis to problem-solving on specimens, we provide state-of-the-art analytical activities. Our Metallography services are working with partners.
• Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
• Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS)
• Failure Analysis Fractography
• Microhardness Rockwell Hardness
• Materials Characterization
• Electronic Component solder evaluation
• Decarburization Heat Treating
• Microstructures Inclusions
• Plating / Coating Thickness
Our technicians can examine specimens for the following purposes:
• Determine microstructural characteristics
• Reveal internal and surface flaws
• Ensure clients conform with required specifications
• Heat treatment evaluations
Each process begins with the preparation of test samples. Apart from determining the material’s properties, cross-section microstructure analysis also reveals its defect mechanisms and flawed characteristics. Our engineers also employ a wide range of macroscopic and microscopic examination methods using advanced technologies that provide detailed magnification of areas of interest or small samples.